Thursday, May 31, 2012

All The Sexy Things. ALL OF THEM.


So. Today was non-make up shopping day. OK, there *may* be a few Dawn Eyes Cosmetics in the photo, but...mostly lingerie. One thing I have learned after 30-some odd years on this Earth: bras are not where you want to skimp on money. No sirree. Which means that, due to a combination of having large boobs and expensive tastes, I shop once or twice a year, when Nordstrom has a sale.

I've learned that a few brands are go-to's for me, and today was no exception. Freya, Chantelle, Panache, and Le Mystere all make gorgeous, non-dowdy large-cup bras (thank god for that...), and today was an embarrassment of riches. In addition to the two push-ups in the pics, there *may* be a mint-and-white polka dot push-up bra in the mail... I will say that it is worth the time and effort to get fitted at Nordstrom. The fitting is free, and it is FAR more accurate than a Victoria's Secret fitting. My actual bra size was WAAAAY off from what I'd been wearing. Embarrassingly off. Like, 40D to 38E/F off. The difference in comfort levels since I've started wearing the correct size is remarkable.

In addition to the bra and cosmetics, I picked up cologne. Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb. Yes, it's a men's fragrance. Yes, it's for me. It is spicy heaven! I don't buy mainstream perfume often, but this was love at first smell. It is spicy, with cardamom and cinnamon the most obvious top notes, then it mellows with leather and tobacco. It is a seriously sexy smell. (I will be hiding this one from my husband.)

Lastly, the cosmetics. Oh, Dawn Eyes, how I love you. I've ordered from Dawn Eyes twice, and each time my order shipped within 3-4 days of my order. That is some fast service! The eye shadows are gorgeous and pigmented, and, most importantly, complex. Three of these are from her Winnie the Pooh collection, all of which are duochromes with more sheen than sparkle. The other four are soon-to-be retired colors, two of which are also duochromes. I've yet to be disappointed by Dawn Eyes, and would highly recommend them to anyone who likes beautiful things.

All in all, not a bad shopping day. <3

***edited to remove picture***

 ***everything mentioned here was purchased by me, all opinions are my own, I do not review anything for compensation***

No comments:

Post a Comment